What is a BOC-3 filing?
BOC stands for Blanket of Coverage and is a filing required by the FMCSA. It is a United States federal filing designating legal agents upon which a process may be served. It pertains to all carriers, for hire and private. New companies without a BOC-3 filing will not be granted operating authority. Existing companies that have the BOC-3 filing dropped will have their operating authority revoked. Besides that, it is a must to have this filing in place and is illegal to run without it.
New Carriers must complete two vital steps before the operating authority applied for will be granted: 1.) Hire a Process Service to complete the BOC-3 filing. 2.) As a motor carrier, you must file proof of insurance with the FMCSA. Brokers and Freight Forwarders must get a Surety Bond on file.
Our $125.00 Annual Service Package includes the following benefits:
1. Free, immediate electronic filing of the BOC-3 and any re-files.
2. FMCSA approved Blanket Coverage of Process Agents.
3. No additional or hidden processing fees if served legal documents from the FMCSA.
4. Free Biennial & Information Updates to your MCS-150 Report.
5. FMCSA and USDOT Updates and Compliance Assistance.
6. Free, unlimited Transportation Consultation.
7. Free FMCSA Address and Contact Information changes.
8. USDOT New Registrant Checklists and Templates.
9. Annual Registration Reminders.
10. Next Steps List and Instructions to complete these steps yourself.
11. CSA Reports (upon request)
Designating a Process Agent:
The fee for representing your company is $125.00 annually. The calendar year runs from January 1 to December 31. Any company that hires Government Filings LLC on or after November 1 of the calendar year is exempt from paying fees the following calendar year. Complete the following application and payment details to have your BOC-3 filing electronically submitted today. Someone is also available to speak with you by calling 1.888.850.3837 (toll free) or 843.992.8869 (direct).