Contact Us

Contact Us

KYU Permit

What is a KYU Permit?
A KYU number is a (tax) license issued for the Kentucky Weight Distance Tax. Any motor carrier over 59,999 lbs. traveling through the State of Kentucky more than (2) times per year must obtain a KYU Permit. This permit does not need to be renewed annually; however, any changes to your vehicle fleet must be updated on the permit. Failure to update your vehicles will affect your quarterly taxes in Kentucky.

Who needs this?
Any owner operator or company driving a commercial vehicle for hire across state lines into Kentucky must apply for and receive a permit.

Can you help me obtain one?
For a cost of $50.00, we can electronically file for the permit immediately upon operating authority being granted by the FMCSA. Please note your Unified Carrier Registration must be up to date for the filing to go through and your operating authority must be in good standing. Complete the application below or call us today.

Legal Company Name*
Business Type
MC/MX/FF or US DOT Number*
Contact Person's Full Name & Title*
Phone Number*
Mailing Address*
Vehicle Year*
Vehicle Make*
Vehicle VIN Number*
Vehicle Unit Number*
Vehicle Gross Vehicle Weight: (in pounds)*
Plate Number*
Additional Vehicles and Information: (if none, type N/A)*
Additional Members/Partners and Titles: (if none, type N/A)*