Contact Us

Contact Us


What is a NYHUT?
NYHUT is a tax imposed permit for anyone driving a commercial vehicle in the State of NY and it must be placarded on both sides of all vehicles.The State of New York imposes a highway use tax (NYHUT) on motor carriers operating a vehicle with a gross vehicle weight (GVW) of 18,000 lbs. or more. Before operating a motor vehicle on the public highways of New York, you must obtain a certificate of registration and decal for each vehicle subject to the highway use tax. Please remember, this permit does NOT include toll paid portions of the New York State Thruway.

There are two types of registration:
A NYHUT certificate of registration is required for any vehicle with a GVW (gross vehicle weight) of 18,000 lbs.

  • An automotive fuel carrier (AFC) certificate of registration is required for any vehicle transporting automotive fuel. (The same gross weight applies.)

Obtain your necessary permit(s) today to operate in the State of NY. See prices below.

$150.00 First Vehicle
$75.00 Each additional vehicle

Legal Company Name*
Business Type
US DOT Number*
Contact Person's Full Name & TItle*
Phone Number*
Mailing Address*
Vehicle Year*
Vehicle Make*
Vehicle VIN Number*
Vehicle Unit Number*
Plate Number*
Vehicle Leased or Owned*