What is a TX DMV Number?
A TX DMV Number is a number issued by the State of TX for any of the following reasons:
1. Operate a vehicle (or combination of vehicles) with a gross weight, registered weight or gross-weight rating exceeding 26,000 pounds
2. Transport hazardous materials in a quantity that requires placarding
3. Operate a farm vehicle with a gross weight, registered weight or gross weight rating of 48,000 pounds or more
4. Operate a vehicle designed to transport more than 15 passengers, including the driver *
5. Operate a commercial school bus
6. Transport household goods for compensation, regardless of vehicle weight
What’s needed to obtain a TX DMV Number?
In order to have a number assigned to your company, you must first have an active USDOT Number. Registration can be for any of the following: 7 day trip, 1 year or 2 years.
We can help you get a TX DMV Number assigned to your company. The cost is $100.00 plus state fees. Give us a call today to get your number registered.