What is a BOC-3 and why do I need it?
1. A BOC-3 is a filing required by the FMCSA.
2. This filing states the designated process agent’s blanket agents will serve you with legal paperwork from the FMCSA if the need ever arises. The FMCSA oversees over (2) million trucks daily on America’s roadways and this is a way for them to cut down trying to “find a needle in a haystack”.
3. The filing must be submitted to the FMCSA via a Designated Process Agent listed with the FMCSA. You can find their list here.
4. Most filings are submitted electronically but some companies do still manually send over the BOC-3 filing. Government Filings LLC submits this filing electronically and shows up immediately.
5. BOC-3 filings can fall off for many different reasons. Examples are a name change after operating authority has been granted or pending cancellation of insurance. It’s imperative you understand that when you pay a one-time fee company to file your BOC-3, you will pay them each time it needs to be re-filed in the event it falls off.
BOC-3 definition as quoted by the FMCSA: A BOC-3 is a United States federal filing that designates legal agents upon which process may be served. Process service agencies must employ or lease the services of individuals or entities within each state and be federally registered with the FMCSA in order to be able to grant a BOC-3.
The BOC-3 filing package will include the following benefits for $125.00 annually: (BOC-3 filing runs from January 1 – December 31)
- Free, Immediate Electronic Filing of the BOC-3 and any re-files needed
- Compliance assistance
- Your company’s specific next steps and instructions
- No additional or hidden processing fees if your company is served legal paperwork
- Biennial and Information Updates to your MCS-150 Report
- FMCSA address and contact information changes
- Driver Qualification Files/Safety Compliance/Vehicle Maintenance Packets necessary to pass the New Registrant DOT Audit.
- Annual registration reminders
Give me a call today and let’s get your BOC-3 filed!